The concept of pensions and retirement planning go hand in hand. Pensions remain the cornerstone of most people’s retirement security and offer many tax incentives that propel them above other savings vehicles and investment strategies.
Pension freedom rules announced in the Budget of 2014 and implemented in 2015 have given people more flexibility than ever before in accessing their pension benefits. This has presented many planning opportunities for clients and a number of PIA planners have specialist pension technical knowledge.
In addition to setting up appropriate pension strategies we advise a number of our clients on complex pension issues such as:
- Lifetime Allowance planning
- Effective Annual Allowance planning and strategies to enhance funding limits
- Estate planning and using pensions to tax efficiently pass wealth down generations
- Using pensions to purchase commercial property through Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs)
- Advising on Small Self Administered Schemes (SSASs)
- Use of pensions in business succession planning
- And much more
Pension advice forms part of our complete financial planning process and is never provided in isolation. In order to provide true lifestyle financial planning, we consider a client’s overall situation and aspirations.